Kashec provided full pre and post tender Engineering services for India's first roll on roll off ferry project in gulf of Cambay between Dahej (Bharuch) and gogha (Bhavnagar). The total cost of all the elements was 4000 Million (INR) and consisted of 96 m long, 750 tons linkspan and 30m x50 m, 800 tons pontoon at both the sites.
- Design of world's longest single span (96m) linkspan.
- Kashec provided with bid winning tender design and successfully followed up with post tender design approved by independent proof consultants in India as well as in the UK.
- Apart from record beating linkspan and pontoon design , full design provided for berthing dolphins, approach jetties and bunds , onshore terminals buildings, marshalling areas ,roads , workshops, etc along with full MEP design.
- Also successfully helped the contractor to put a technical case for additional claims due to variation in design parameters. This allowed the contractor to win additional INR 700 million which is unprecedented for EPC projects.
Kashec are providing full pre -post tender Detailed Engineering Services and PMC services for India's second Ro Ro ferry project with integral pontoons at Mandwa, Ferry Wharf Mumbai and Nerul in new Mumbai. The project consists of 60 m long integral pontoons - first of their kind for India. Apart from pontoon all the three sites have berthing dolphins supported on concrete raker piles for the first time in India.
- India's second Ro Ro facility
- India's first facility with 60 m long -600 ton integral linkspan -pontoon.
- India's first facility with dolphins supported over raked concrete piles socketed into rock.
- Complete design of other elements like shore protection ,approach jetty, bank-seat to support linkspan, onshore terminal , roads, marshalling area, electrical substations, onshore passenger terminal, landscaping etc.
This project is a part of Maharashtra costal RO RO connectivity project to facilitate RO RO services between Bhaucha Dhakka i.e. Ferry Wharf to Mandwa. This project is partially funded under Sagarmala Scheme of Govt. of India. Overall length of breakwater is 500m with a 214 m long and 10 m wide approach jetty
- The project consist of 500m long breakwater with 8 MT & 10 MT Tetrapods
- 210m x 10m wide piled approach jetty with 1200mm dia RCC piles
- 159m x 100m reclamation bund for Terminal Building (840 m2), marshalling area and parking area.
- 30m x 30m piled turning platform with 1200 mm dia RCC piles.
- 56m long integral link span made with structural steel.
- 25m x 30m wide floating pontoon made with structural steel.
- The weight of integral link span and pontoon is 600 MT.
- Total cost of Project: Rs. 161 crores
655m long, 30m wide Passenger Water Transport Terminal at Nerul. The project consists of elevated road 30m wide with overall length of 655m, approach jetty, Marshaling area, turning platform & integral link-span pontoon assembly
- Approach Road 655m long 30m wide including two bridges 30m wide, 75m long over a creek. 188, 1000mm diameter piles.
- Size of Approach Jetty is 196m long & 20m wide.
- Area of Piled Platform is 3600Sqm.
- Size of Pontoon is 22m long & 20m wide.
- Size of Linkspan is 38m long 6.5m wide.
- Total weight of Linkspan and Pontoon is 600MT.
- Size of each Mooring Dolphin is 8m long 7m wide. Six Mooring Dolphins were provided. There are 12 Cast Iron Bollards(50 Tonnes).
- Six parallel motion fenders and two Cone Fenders.
- Area of Terminal Building is 761.56 Sqm which consists of Waiting/Refreshment area, Kitchen & Food counter, Ticket Counter & Luggage checking, Toilet/Washroom etc.
- The other utilities consist of Electrical Panel Room, Water Tank. Provision for Fire fighting, Electrification and Navigational Aids.
- Total cost of Project: Rs. 133.88 crores
This project is a part of Maharashtra costal RO RO connectivity project to facilitate RO RO services between Bhaucha Dhakka i.e. Ferry Wharf to Mandwa. This project is partially funded under Sagarmala Scheme of Govt. of India. It consists of Marshaling area, turning platform & integral link-span pontoon assembly
- Concrete piled platform 30m x 30m with 1200mm bored cast in situ piles & 1000mm bored cast in situ raker piles
- Floating linkspan pontoon: 20m x 22m floating pontoon & 38m x 6.5m linkspan in structural steel of grade S355/ JO
- Strengthing of Deck walls using T25 Rasin anchored bars & M45 grade concrete slab supporting on 1000mm dia bored cast in situ piles & 1000 mm dia raker piles.
- Development of Marshalling Yard: 150m x 58m marshalling yard with PQC pavement having parking capacity of 120 cars & 18 buses.
- Bollards & Fenders: Installation of 50 Tonne cast iron bollards & cone fenders.
- Total cost of Project: Rs. 31.35 crores.
Ministry of shipping & IWAI through Thane Municipal Corporation desires to develop inland water transport in Vasai creek. Vasai creek has been declared as National Waterway No. 53. The overall cost of project is Rs. 500 crores. Thane Municipal Corporation desires to develop RO RO Terminals at 10 locations in Vasai creek.
- 1) Vasai fort - 48m long Jetty,
- 2) Mira Bhayander - 85 m long jetty,
- 3) Ghod Bunder - 54 m long jetty,
- 4) Nayla - 68m long jetty,
- 5) Kolshet - 158m long jetty,
- 6) Kalher - 68m long jetty,
- 7) Parsik Bunder - 104m long jetty,
- 8) Anjur Dive - 152m long jetty,
- 9) Dombivali - 54m long jetty,
- 10) Kalyan - 54m long jetty
Project consist of:
- Construction of piled approach jetty, turning platform, mooring dolphins.
- Floating linkspan pontoon. 550T (22 x 20m)
- Bollards & Fenders
- Development of marshaling area, terminal building, cafeteria & other services.
- Total cost of Project: Rs. 500 Crores
This is first Hybrid Jetty in India with maintenance free unsinkable form filled concrete pontoons. New concept in India – widely used in Europe & America offers maximum flexibility in catering for a range of vessels
- A Hybrid Jetty to cater for range of vessels from 4000 DWT to less than 100 DWT.
- It comprises of 20m x 5m x 2.1m two concrete floating Pontoons to provide a fixed freeboard to embank and discharge passengers.
- It comprises 3 nos. of Dolphins.
- Central Dolphin:11m x 6m
- LHS Dolphin:3.75m x 4m
- RHS Dolphin:3.7m x 4m
- Gangway is a simply supported structure made of marine grade aluminum 3m x 15m long hinged at one end & roller supported at the other.
- Total cost of Project: Rs. 17.84 crores
Low cost sloping submerged piled jetty pioneered by Kashec. A very cheap alternative to creek bridges that would never get built in Rural areas. IWT development at Dighi port has RO-RO type end birthing Jetty along with fully modern ship shaped Terminal Building.
- Offshore details:
- Total Length of jetty – 125m, Diameter of pile 1200mm, Total no. of piles are 28
- Onshore details:
- Bund area – 4900 Sq.m., Open space & parking area – 150 Sq.m., Terminal building area – 617 Sq.m.
- Total cost of Project: Rs. 12.72 crores
Low cost sloping submerged piled jetty pioneered by Kashec. A very cheap alternative to creek bridges that would never get built in Rural areas. IWT development at Agardanda port has RO-RO type end birthing Jetty along with fully modern ship shaped Terminal Building
- Offshore details:
- Total Length of jetty – 56m, Diameter of pile is 1200mm, No. of piles are 18.
- Onshore details:
- Building area – 617 Sq.m., Parking & open space area – 3200 Sq.m., Bund area – 6237 Sq.m.
- Total cost of Project: Rs. 10.55 crores
IWT Development at Rajpuri has passenger jetty along with fully modern ship shaped Terminal Building to serve visitors/ tourist to visit fort Janjira.
- Total Length of jetty – 80m, Diameters of pile 750 mm, No. of piles are 20.
- Total cost of Project: Rs. 14.75 crores
IWT development at fort Janjira has floating pontoon design with passenger Jetty to provide sea access to the Fort in a effective way without damaging the natural beauty of Fort Janjira
- • Total length of jetty – 85m, Diameter of piles is 750mm. No. of pile are 36 nos., No. of gangways are 2 nos., length of Gangway – 1) 16m x 3m, 2) 20m x 3m, area of floating pontoon – 60 m with two dolphins.
- Total cost of Project:Rs. 5.64 crores
Economical sloping submerged piled jetty pioneered by Kashec. A very cheap alternation to creek bridges that would never get built in Rural areas. IWT development at Karanja port has RO-RO type end birthing Jetty along with fully modern ship shaped Terminal Building.
- Offshore details:
- Total Length of jetty is 230m, Diameter of pile is 900mm 24 piles & 750mm 38 piles.
- Onshore details:
- Bund area – 8953 Sq.m, Building area – 617 Sq.m., Parking & open space area – 1500 Sq.m.
- Total cost of Project: Rs. 19.04 crores
The existing Jetty, built Circa1960 is past its design life. We recommended construction of new jetty which will have lifespan of 50 years to cater for the current and future needs. This new jetty would also ensure that boats and ferries can operate at all tidal conditions.
- Passenger type jetty including approach and berthing jetty of width 7.55m
- Approach jetty length is 56m (7 spans of 8m long)
- 22 Nos. of piles of 900mm dia each.
- Total cost of project: Rs. 9.63 crores
Existing corroded steel jetty Replaced with State of the art new jetty.
- 120 m long 60 m wide Concrete Jetty
- 2 Nos. of Floating Concrete Pontoons.
- State of the art MEP facilities to service Yachts and boats.
- Total cost of project: Rs. 25 crores
Low cost sloping submerged piled jetty pioneered by Kashec. A very cheap alternation to creek bridges that would never get built in Rural areas.
- RO-RO type jetty including approach and berthing jetty of width 5.4m
- Approach jetty length is 95m (17 No of spans of avg. length 8m)
- Berthing jetty length is 52m (8 No of spans of avg. length 6m)
- 62 Nos. of piles of 900mm dia each
- Total cost of project: Rs. 8.75 crores
Project to review the cost estimate for commissioning of the Ship-lift & allied infrastructure work at ABG Shipyard at Dahej.
- Review of balance of activities of the project for: Balance civil, mechanical & electrical work, Ship-lift testing & commissioning, Coffer dam removal, dredging & Jetty.
- Review of implementation schedule for the project in Phase I & Phase II.
- Review of cost of other activities like Jetty, Removal of coffer dam, Dredging etc.
- Findings & conclusions
- Total cost of project: Rs. 297 crores