Civil & Structural Engineering
At Kashec India we pride ourselves on being able to consistently deliver top quality design and drawing services across the entire range of our projects. We work with the same passion and commitment whether the work involves adding a room to a country home or working on one of the longest single span steel link spans ever commissioned.
Established in 1995 with a humble aim to assist Kashec UK to cope with a growing workload amidst a skills shortage in the UK, Kashec India has grown into a fully fledged practice working on prestigious projects that even companies several times larger than ours would find challenging.
From our main office located in Pune, assisted by our UK office in Hertfordshire, we offer civil and structural engineering services to clients based in India, the UK and the Middle East.
We design all our projects using BIM, Revit and AutoCAD and are able to work with leading industry standard software for structural design. We also produce detailed RC drawings and Bar Bending Schedules for all projects.
We have a strong work ethic and focus on quality. We are always happy to discuss any requirements you might have, or to answer any questions regarding our services.
Write to us or give us a call today, or if you are in Pune why not pop in for a brew..!
- Civil Structural Design & Project Management Services for bridges, flyovers & roads.
- Design & project management of ro-ro (Roll on-Roll off) linkspans and pontoons, jetties, wharves, dolphins and breakwaters.
- Design of high rise buildings, industrial plants, residential, commercial, educational & mixed use buildings in concrete, masonry, steel & timber.
- Detailed Project Reports (DPR) and feasibility studies.
- Fully fledged engineering design & drawing/ BIM services for large practices in the UK & the Middle East.
Kashec, India offers expert services in preparation of feasibility & detailed project reports. We have experience in the field of marine facilities, ports, highways, bridges & flyovers, which include:
- Detailed investigation studies coupled with simulation model studies.
- Traffic survey & traffic analysis.
- Detailed design, drawings & estimating.
- Financial feasibility of the project.
- Economic analysis
Kashec, India is one of the leading consultants in western India. We have to our credit the longest multilevel flyover at the College of Engineering Pune junction in Pune (India) as well as one of the longest in situ open spandrel arch bridges spanning 55 meters on Mula River at Bund Garden, Pune (India). We provide complete structural design and project management consultancy services as listed below from start to the end:
- Feasibility studies.
- Specifying and reviewing all surveys and investigations.
- Tender design, estimation and preparation of tender documents.
- Advise on construction sequence, methods and temporary works design.
- Assist in short listing and appointments of contractors.
- Award of contract and supervision of construction.
- Preparation of shop drawings / bar bending schedules / fabrication details / formwork details / additional drawings necessary for contractor to carry out the works.
- If required, comment on detailed designs, fabrication drawings, bar bending schedules and specifications submitted by the contractor, for general dimensions, structural adequacy and conformity with design.
- Monitoring construction quality and site progress.
- Closure of contracts and remediation of any defects.
- Preparation and issue of “as built” drawings for handover of the project for building maintenance purposes to the client and regulatory authority.
On all the bridge design projects our endeavor is to provide solutions that are not only simple, economical and easy to build but also blend seamlessly with the urban environment rather than becoming an eyesore. We also focus on solutions that are not only cost effective when built but are also durable, requiring minimum maintenance during their lifetime.
Integral link spans are one of the most popular Ro-Ro structures amongst the ferry operators across Europe. Pioneered by Kashec, UK founder Mr. Prakash Sharma, the first integral link span was designed by Kashec for Tees Port in UK. Since then Kashec, UK have designed number of integral link span across Europe. Kashec, India by virtue of assisting Kashec, UK on these projects has gained valuable hands on experience in design of Ro-Ro structures.
This experience has allowed Kashec, India to provide detailed design for the first Ro-Ro project between Dahej and Gogha in the state of Gujarat. The project has now been successfully commissioned after inauguration by Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi in October 2017.
Kashec, India have also provided detailed design and PMC services for 2nd Ro-Ro facility on east coast of Mumbai with three numbers of 60 m long /600 ton integral link span at Mandwa, Ferry Wharf Mumbai and at Nerul Navi Mumbai. In a sector that is dominated by large companies, Kashec is able to provide robust and efficient design solutions at significantly lower fee levels:
- Site selection and feasibility.
- Specify and review surveys, investigations and model studies.
- Bid engineering services.
- Assistance in land acquisition, EIA & CRZ approvals.
- Design of Ro-Ro link span and pontoons.
- Fender design and selection.
- Design of jetties and dolphins.
- Design sheet pile quay walls and wet docks.
- Design of onshore pavements and buildings.
- Design of breakwaters and approach bunds.
- Design of shore protection walls and bunds.
- Evaluation of capacity of existing berths for larger vessels than considered in original design.
Our strength lies in working closely with the owner, the architect and the contractor to deliver a structure that is elegant and efficient while ensuring ease of construction at every stage of the design process.
We listen to our clients and approach each project with an open mind with the single aim of delivering maximum value. We have experience of designing across all sectors and materials from a small country home to a complex high-rise building.
- Inspection and surveys.
- Modifications to existing buildings including extension of rooms, adding/removing openings.
- Underpinning and addition /extension of basements below existing foundations.
- Temporary works design.
- Full structural design from concept to construction stage.
- Non linear FEA analysis of RC flat slabs.
- Design and detailing of post tensioned slabs.
- Stability analysis of high-rise buildings - for seismic and wind loads.
- Design of water proof basements.
- Design of steel portals and trusses.
- Design of timber frames, floors ANS trusses.
- Design and detailing of structural steel frames and connections.
- Fully compiled calculations and analysis models for submission to building regulations.
- Fully documented bim/revit models and construction drawings from same models.
- We can offer complete design and drawing services as a package as well as any single element
We have a very talented pool of engineers and technicians who have consistently delivered a high quality output for a number of Kashec, UK projects. Our strength lies in our staff, the diversity of their skills and breadth of their collective knowledge. This mix of skills and experience allows us to deliver top quality error free drawings and design and allows us to count a number of leading large practices in UK as our preferred partner for outsourcing structural design and BIM modeling work.